Thursday 22 December 2011

Merry Christmas from Core genomics



















Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to everyone that read my blog this year. I only started in May and have had some great feedback. I'd seriously encourage others to start blogging too. It's great fun and the discipline of trying to write something every week is tough but I hope my writing skills are improving.

Good luck with your research next year, I look forward to reading about it.

Predictions for 2012:
5M reads and 400bp on PGM.
20M reads and 500bp on MiSeq.
A PacBio eukaryotic genome.
Goodbye GAIIx.
$1500 genome.
$250 exome.
NGS in the clinic using amplicon methods.
Fingers crossed we are going to hear a lot more form Oxford Nanopre in 2012 as well, it may well be their year.

See you at AGBT.

2 comments:

  1. James, Ion Torrent promises 100GB by the end of 2012, so they'll have to do a whole lot better than 5M 400bp reads. It would take 100M 1kb reads. Think they can do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent posting!!! Thanks for share this post.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.