Thursday 9 October 2014

Twitterbots for NGS

I've been inspired to create three Twitterbots for NGS papers on @RNA-seq, @ChIP-seq and @Exome-seq by Casey Bergman at the University of Manchester. I'd not come across Caseys twitter account (I don't actually use Twitter that much) or his lab website and blog; but I was directed there by a piece on the Nature website...How to tame the flood of literature.


What Casey has done is pretty simple and it is very well explained in his blog post, or by Rob Lanfear who has posted instructions on GitHub. There are three simple steps for PubMed and Twitter (and more for arxiv, peerj, etc).
  1. Set up a twitter account
  2. Set up a pubmed search
  3. Set up your dlvr.it account
The feeds I created only went live this evening and I'll follow Robs advice to refine them over the next few weeks. Let me know if you like them, and why not create your own feed.

PS: Casey has a great post on how to host a custom UCSC genome browser trackwith Dropbox.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.