Sunday 23 November 2014

Have I got New For You vists my lab...sort of


I'd like to say that Ian Hislop and Paul Merton visited last week to record a special HIGNFY, but alas no. However my lab did appear briefly on the most recent show, unfortunately the team mixed our institute up with King's College! Before I set the record straight I thought I'd include the snippet - it is not often you see people looking so bored when I'm talking to them...



Why the visit: Ed Miliband was at the Institute to meet the top brass of Cancer Research UK and to talk with cancer ambassadors. He spent a good thirty minutes listening to cancer survivors and asking them what would make a difference from their perspective. The Labour Party have recently pledged that NHS patients in England will wait no longer than one week for cancer tests. While here he also visited our light microscopy core and they got on Sky news!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.